On the 1st and 2nd of February, LEO Learning will be attending the annual Learning Technologies 2017 conference and exhibition at Olympia, London, UK.
The event is Europe’s largest gathering of professionals from the Learning and Development industry, featuring showcases of technology used to support learning at work and plenty of networking opportunities. The LEO Learning team will be exhibiting at stand B16, chatting with event attendees about our wide variety of learning solutions.
Here are six reasons why we can’t wait to get to Learning Technologies 2017:
1) Demonstrating results
We’ve very proud to have been able to help our clients make real organisational transformations in the past year, and we’re really looking forward to showcasing some of that work. On our stand, we’ll have two of those case studies from clients Civil Service Learning (CSL) and Jaguar Land Rover, plus demos for visitors. We hope these projects will inspire visitors and enable them to take a closer look at some of the ways LEO Learning has helped businesses overcome their biggest learning challenges.
We’ll also be focusing on our expertise in games-based learning solutions by demonstrating two games: Zero Threat, and ‘Ship it!’. To find out more about how education and entertainment can be intertwined for an engaging way to learn, come and take a look at our stand.
2) Seminar sessions
Every year, Learning Technologies hosts seminar speaking sessions which are free to attend for all visitors. This year, speakers from LEO Learning Learning will be taking part in three sessions:
- “Getting value out of learning impact measurement” – Imogen Casebourne (Director of Learning) and Peter Dobinson (Solutions Architect) – Theatre 4, Wednesday 1st February, 10.15-10.45. This seminar session follows research carried out in late 2016 by LEO Learning and Watershed into the impact of learning at work, discussing issues surrounding measurement and new technology-based solutions available for businesses to improve their strategy.
- “Learning innovations from a changing landscape” – Sean Nugent (Programme Director) and Kathryn Fleet (Learning Consultant) – Theatre 5, Wednesday 1st February, 13.15-13.45. Focusing on the pharmaceutical and life sciences sector, this talk will discuss the role of learning in a highly fast-paced and constantly involving industry.
- “The impact of moving to blended learning” – Imogen Casebourne (Director of Learning) and Ella Richardson (Learning Consultant) – Theatre 5, Thursday 2nd February, 13.15-13.45. This session will take a deeper look at blended learning and the benefits it can have across wide ranging areas and audiences.
3) VR and AR experiences
We’ll be offering visitors to our stand the opportunity to experience Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR), using the latest technologies to create immersive scenarios. This is a great chance for visitors to sample the exciting future of learning tools!
4) Meeting our clients
Many of our clients will be at the event, and we’re really looking forward to catching up with them. We’re hosting a drinks reception on the first afternoon of Learning Technologies at our stand too, open to all attendees, which will be a great opportunity for everyone to come together and raise a toast.
5) Sharing our stand with gomo
We’ll be sharing our stand with our sister company, gomo. Like LEO Learning, gomo is part of Learning Technologies Group, and we love any opportunity to get together and show off the diverse offerings of the group.
gomo is an award-winning multi-device authoring tool, with responsive and adaptive capabilities and custom content creation possibilities. gomo features will be demonstrated every hour at the stand. gomo’s Managing Director, Mike Alcock will present a free seminar about the effectiveness of using an authoring tool within large, globally-dispersed organisations. There are two slots:
- Integrated or Independent? The power of an authoring tool for any Learning Strategy – Mike Alcock (Theatre 5, Wednesday 1st February, 15.30-16.00)
- Integrated or Independent? The power of an authoring tool for any Learning Strategy – Mike Alcock (Theatre 11, Thursday 2nd February, 11.00-11.30)
6) Discovering Learning Technologies 2017
Last but by no means least, we’re looking forward to being a part of such an exciting event – the biggest Learning Technologies yet. We’re eager to discover the latest innovations and ideas from our colleagues, clients, and the Learning and Development world.
Be sure to stop by our stand B16 whilst at the event to say hello, and follow us on Twitter (@leolearning) for updates!